September 17, 2010

Killing Joke

I fucking love Killing Joke. There's not enough hours in the day for me to elaborate too much on why, but have a listen to the three tracks posted below and you'll have some idea. Even though they're still going 30 years on, and still making amazing records, for some reason my favourite tracks are all from their earliest years, and two of them are b-sides. First up, a song from their 1979 debut ep (Turn To Red) called Nervous System, which doesn't appear on any of their actual albums:





Pssyche, the b-side to the 1980 single Wardance which appears on their self titled first album.





Tension: the second track on their second album called What's This For...! which was released in June 1981, which is precisely when I was born. I will never get this rhythm out of my head, ever.





Killing Joke have a new album coming out soon, and I'm very excited about it. I hope they tour.

No comments:

Post a Comment