September 27, 2010

My Father Will Guide Me Up a Rope to the Sky.

The new Swans album is finally out, albeit with a delay on orders due to ‘overwhelming demand’. Nonetheless, you should go to the Young God Records Webstore and buy it. Why?  Michael Gira himself can explain:

“What, are we all supposed to be hippies or anarchists with rich parents or something? I work extremely hard at what I do, with considerable financial and personal risk involved in the making of the music, and the same scenario applies to just about everyone else I know that’s made the disastrous decision to make music a career, so we deserve to be paid for our efforts. You wouldn’t expect a book by an author you admire to be free, nor would you expect an electrician to come to your house and rewire it for free. How are we any different? This is our work, what we do for a living (of sorts), and if you like the final results, buy it, you spoiled brat.”

 

MichaelGira_WhiteHat_1_large

While you’re waiting for it to arrive, you can listen to some of the new material on their Myspace page.

4 comments:

Steve said...

The new Swans is fantastic. I pre-ordered but just couldnt wait and downloaded it off the net.

Holy Sons, Om, Swans - is there any musician you like that I dont?

Amy Duncan said...

Haha, I'm sure there are more than a few Steve, I do like lots of music! To be honest, I've had a listen to the new Swans myself (us Gen Y kids are an impatient bunch) but the bought copy is on its way. Keep yer eyes peeled for tour dates around March!

Steve said...

Tour dates? Dont say they are touring Australia!

Technically I'm Gen X but whose counting anyways?

Amy Duncan said...

ok, I won't say it...

http://www.frontiertouring.com/swans

:)

Post a Comment