February 16, 2011

Cavewoman for Tori.

On Sunday I had the pleasure of starting this cavewoman tattoo, which is now fully outlined and partially shaded. I won't bother posting the progress photos because they turned out crap, but I will post the drawing, which took me a really super long time - mostly because I was attempting to translate a strong image that Tori had in her head. The cavewoman was loosely based on a character named Ayla, a cro-magnon huntress and medicine woman, from the first in a series of books by Jean M. Auel called The Clan of the Cave Bear.  I haven't actually read any of the books, but given my interest in all things primitive I was really keen to work on this piece with her. Although the process of designing it was difficult, this was a really rewarding tattoo, aided by the fact that Tori was exceedingly happy and appreciative of my efforts. I can't wait to finish it now.

 
































Cave Bear Clan Ain't Nuthing Ta Fuck With!


No comments:

Post a Comment